Friday, September 4, 2009

Long Past Stopping




The second show we played ever was for Chris Johanson's
Totalities at Deitch. Unknown to us until we got there was that dear heart Oran Canfield would also perform that night, but not with his band Child Abuse. Instead he read a few pages from his forthcoming book Long Past Stopping. We collectively flipped out. Oran is a true genius and tells some of the most amazing stories ever ever. I knew he'd been working on this book for years, but this was the first time he shared any of it publicly. It was a dream, and even better than I imagined. It's now one year later and the book is about to come out, just a couple weeks away. I like to read but I've never bought a book on opening day, it never even occurred to me. But on September 15, I will be at the bookstore bright and early.

No comments: